3 ways to improve your client websites - right now.
Whether you’re an accomplished Smart Little Marketer with dozens of shining client websites under your belt, or you’re simply just starting out, there are always some updates and tweaks that can take your site to the next level. What about that very first site you made, couldn’t it do with a little adjustment by now? Or the very first client website that you’re going to build soon?
We’ve put together a helpful little list of things you can do right now to boost your client websites: minimal effort for maximum effect.
Add eye-catching Call to Actions
Did you know there’s a dedicated tool in the Smart Little CMS to superpower your client’s CTA and maximise your website conversion rate? Yup, in a few clicks you can tell the CMS exactly WHAT you want your call to action to say and WHERE you want it to go.
For example, I’ve chosen to show my call to action ‘Contact us for a FREE consultation on 01962 600044’, specifically just in the introduction space on every page.
OR I can choose to show the same call to action underneath every section as well. This way, all I’ve had to do is write my call to action, then specify where I want it to be shown - voila!
So, here’s how you do it:
- Navigate to your ‘Basics’ tab along the top of your screen in the Workshop.
- Then go to ‘Call to Action’ in the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down your page until you see ‘Introduction and content call to action’.
- Specify which of your contact details you want to show alongside your CTA text
- Type your desired CTA text.
- Click ‘Call to Action Options’, tick the relevant boxes to tell the CMS where you want to show your CTA.
And you’re done! Pretty simple, huh?
TIP: If you ever want to tell the CMS to NOT show your call to action on certain pages, simply navigate to that page, select ‘page options’ > ‘layout options’ > choose to either ‘hide introduction call to action’ or ‘hide call to action in sections’ or both!
Adding associations for credibility
As a marketer you’ll be well versed on the concept of customer trust, more specifically just how important it is to gain customer trust upon the very first impression of a website. The Smart Little CMS makes it super easy to boost your client’s online credibility, simply by piggy-backing (is that a word?) on trust from other, well-known brands.
Does your client work with widely known producers or products? Have they been mentioned in any publications? Do they hold any qualifications?
You can see that on the example website above, the client works with several well-known car brands to build instantaneous trust with prospective customers.
So, how do you do it?
- Head over to your Basics tab again (the cog-shaped icon at the top of your screen).
- Choose ‘associations’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘add an association’
- For each association that you add, add an image (high quality, .png format works best), and then add the rest of the information if you have it.
5. Once you’ve added all of your associations, click ‘Associations display options’ at the bottom, and choose which pages you’d like to display them on. We suggest showing them on ALL pages, just in case your customers didn’t see ‘em the first time!
Break down barriers with an FAQ page
Customers are scouring the internet trying to find the solution to their unique problem. So while it’s important to give them a range of useful information on your clients services, you’ve got to remember they’re most likely just scanning over your copy. All in all, your new challenge when building client sites is to pack in all of the most useful, most sought after information, into as little easy-to-read chunks as possible. Add an FAQ page and Bob is quite literally your uncle!
So, how exactly do you add an FAQ page using the CMS?
- Hover over the Pages icon at the top of your screen, and click on ‘FAQ Page’ from the drop-down menu.
- You can create several ‘chunks’ of FAQs for questions based around specific topics, to add a chunk click ‘Add an FAQ Group’.
- Click ‘Add an FAQ’ and fill in the text boxes for both your question & the answer.